30 June 2010

UCA Rochester

Hi all!

Well a few days ago I went to the UCA open day at Rochester. I had a great time. I have been thinking for a while that I want take my skills in jewellery making further, so I started looking at university courses. I found a fantastic course at the University of Creative Arts Rochester campas.
Its their BA (Hons) Silversmithing, Goldsmithing & Jewellery


These fantastic pieces were made by Rebbecca Lee, one of their former students on the course I want to take.

While I was there I had the chance to check out the Degree show. It was AMAZING and totally blew me away! The standards are so high, you can see exactly why this course as an excellent reputation within the industry. Everyone was very helpful and answered all of my many Q's lol. I also talked to a few of the third year students who's work was on display, their enthusiasm and passion was obvious. They told me about what their experiences were like, and how they have found it over the last three years.

Another very good part of the course is that there is a business element that runs through it too. Building up and excellent CV, finding contacts within the industry and work experience all feature. A lot of the final year students i spoke to had already been offered a job, some more than one!

I can honestly say that I really enjoyed my time at the open day. I found it to be very informative, and it has definitely whetted my appetite! I will certainly be applying in November, and will hopefully be starting in the September of next year, And I can't wait!! :D






1 comment:

  1. I'll right away snatch your rss as I can not in finding your email subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you've any? Please allow me recognise in order that I may just subscribe. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete