06 April 2010

I love tutorials! :0)

Hi all!

Today i am writing about tutorials. Well I couldn't do that without sharing with you all a fantastic site called JewelryLessons.com. Jewelry Lessons is mostly about wire working, but there are also a lot of jewellery artists on there who work in other Media such as metal clay and bead work. Take a look through their gallery so see many different types of work.

I love this site!! It is chock full of tutorials and tips. Most of the tuts on there you pay for, many are $10 or under. There are also a number of free tuts on there that are perfect for beginners in the world of wire work. This site was set up by a wire worker so there is an abundance of wire tuts. There are also other tuts. There are some basic metal smithing tuts, bead weaving tuts, metal clay tuts and poly clay tuts. There are hundreds of them!

I recently bought bobbiewireds Charming hearts tut. This is what I made.


I used 0.8mm sterling silver wire to make this heart. Then I hung it on a fine sterling silver curb chain. I love it. It was perfect for valentines day.

Bobbies tut was clear and easy to follow, with good instructions and a bit of humor. She also had some great ideas on variations we could try to make it more of our own piece. What is really great though, is that, if I had run into any problems with this tut then all would have to do is post a Q's about it on the site and Bobbie would be there to answer it. Or if for some reason she couldn't answer it, there are hundreds of other people on the who can. Now that is a great service! lol


So next time you are looking to create something but are lacking in a little inspiration, check out jewelrylessons.com and I'm sure you will find something there to get you going :0)

Kaylie x

No comments:

Post a Comment